Seeing as a third of the year has passed I thought it was about time I revisited my 10 resolutions for 2010. Now as I didn’t have a blog at new year you won’t have seen my resolutions so here they are (in no particular order):
1) Loose 3 stone & get into size 10’s
2) Clear out the clutter from the flat
3) Get a new car
4) Pay off 1/4 of my debt
5) Be happy – with or without J
6) Take more pride over my appearance
7) Keep in touch with family more often
8 ) Do at least 1 boring chore every day
9) Do at least 1 fun thing every day
10) Set a budget and stick to it!
So how am I doing?
1) Loose 3 stone & get into size 10’s…well the diet as ever starts tomorrow! I have however become more active, walking a mile more often than not at dinner time at work. And I’m more energetic when I play badminton. Still plenty of room for improvement! Over the past few weeks I have rejigged when I eat meals and so far it seems to be working, even though I haven’t really cut anything out. Now I’ve got into a better routine with food, time for me to up the exercise routine…
2) Clear out the clutter from the flat….the big move will necessitate a clear out, going from a two bed flat to 1 bedroom in a shared house is not going to be easy! I’ve already started with a carboot last weekend which is a step in the right direction at least!
5) Be happy – with or without J…..hmm difficult one. Biting the bullet and separating from J is hard and is bound to make me very sad over the next few months but I know deep down it’s the right thing to do and eventually, I’ll be properly happy.
6) Take more pride over my appearance…not really succeeded in this, at all. At the start of April I realised I’d only blow dried my hair 4 times…and had worn mascara once…must try harder!
7) Keep in touch with family more often…I’ve done quite well at staying in touch with my Grannies, for example, sending them letters every 3 or 4 weeks. Haven’t got much of a choice of staying in touch with my Mum, if I forget to ring her she rings me! Must try harder with my sister though, don’t ring her often enough & I miss her!
8 ) Do at least 1 boring chore every day…recently I’ve done better at the boring chore every day. But that’s only cos J has had loads of coursework and exams coming up. Despite splitting up, its only fair I do for him what he’s done for me in the past & basically taken over everything rather than expecting him to fit in work, uni and his share of the housework. Besides it’s about time I did some washing up!! hehe
9) Do at least 1 fun thing every day ..define fun things! I have discovered I love Cafe World on Facebook and make sure I cook every day to get my bonuses, but I’m not sure the rest of the world counts that as a fun thing!
10) Set a budget and stick to it…budgeting is my biggest downfall and gets a big fat F for fail!
Overall, I’m doing pretty crap but at least I’m working on about 7 of things on a regular basis & haven’t forgotten about all my new years resolutions like I normally do! It’ll be interesting to revisit this in another few months to see if anything has changed & if I’ll ever fit back into my size 10 jeans 😉